Friday, February 13, 2009

To Tell a Tale!

When I got pregnant the first time I knew right away I was having a boy. I knew it, no one could tell me otherwise. To seal my prediction I did several things; I got a penny, taped it to a string of dental floss and let it dangle over my wrist. It totally swayed long, meaning A BOY! Then, to give further evidence, all I wanted was meat and I don't eat meat but I sat in a restaurant and to my husband's surprise ordered a nice big steak and gobbled it down. Another clue that I was indeed having A BOY! Finally, as the cake topper, I carried my baby very low my whole pregnancy, I was waddling around like a duck as soon as my belly popped. So there was no question when I went for my ultra sound that I was having A BOY!
Any you know what??? I was totally right!

When I got pregnant with my second child, I had a dream that I was having a girl. All I wanted was sweet food. I loved citrus and the first 3 months all I wanted was Peanut Butter Twix candy bars and everyone knows if you crave sweet foods you will have A GIRL! The next tell tell sign was the way I carried my second baby; way high. I couldn't hardly breathe because she was cramping my lungs meaning I was for sure going to have A GIRL! The last thing that let me know my dream was accurate was that I had super bad acne with this pregnancy which only A GIRL would dare do to their mother. So as my husband and I walked in for our ultra sound betting who was right, I knew I was and that my husband would be giving me a nice foot rub later that day. Of course I was right!!!

So you tell me if old wives tales are real or not?? I say they are, but I am hooky like that.

Check out these Internet sites that calculate several old wives tales to determine the sex of your baby!

http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html

http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/oldwivestales/

No comments:

Post a Comment