Monday, February 16, 2009

My WHAT is going to get bigger???

Pregnancy makes weird things happen to a woman's body. It's true and it is just one of those things women sacrifice to become mothers! What I am about to tell you is absolutely TRUE! Your feet totally get bigger from being pregnant. I am NOT talking about swollen feet, I am saying your feet really will get bigger and not only that, they stay bigger forever!!! Before babies, my feet were about a size 7 1/2 after 4 babies my feet are now a size 8 to 8 1/2. I am not kidding, this is real!!

So, I wanted to know why my feet got bigger, because let's face it, it is kind of strange.

I found out the reason is because of the hormone relaxin that gets released into our bodies. Relaxin is important because it is what loosens everything up, hence the name "relaxin", it relaxes joints and ligaments so that baby can fit in our bodies. But, it doesn't just relax our pelvis joints it relaxes everything, including our feet. That combined with the weight of baby and other weight we gain in pregnancy our feet flatten making them bigger and wider.

The big question I know you all are thinking is, "OH MY GOSH, WHAT CAN I POSSIBLY DO?? DO I HAVE TO BE A BIG FOOT IN ORDER TO BE A MOM?"

Sadly there is not much you can do. You most likely will be a big foot! A few things you can try are wearing good shoes with good arch support and trying to not gain too much extra weight. So even though you most likely will end up with bigger feet, just remember it's worth it and this is why. . .

If your feet get bigger, your old shoes won't fit so you will have to go SHOE SHOPPING!! There is always a silver lining!! Oh, and you get a sweet baby too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment