Thursday, February 26, 2009

10 Best Things About Being Pregnant

Not in any particular order, but here are my top 10 favorite things about being pregnant!

1. Has to be when you feel your baby move!! Baby's movement can be felt as early as 13 weeks (rare), but I would say most feel that definite movement around 17 -20 weeks. Every little bubble I felt during all my pregnancies I wondered if it was my baby, but I really wasn't ever really sure until around 17 weeks. Then, I felt those movements that were undoubtedly my little one swimming around.

2. Getting to park in stork stalls at the store. While not a lot of stores offer this parking option, the ones that do are awesome and I loved getting that front row Joe spot when I have been pregnant with 2 or 3 in tow!

3. Eating extra calories guilt free!! OK, not that you can go wild just because your pregnant (although I did, honestly) but you do get to eat more and for me that is nothing but a silver lining!

4. Once I got pregnant, I no longer had to cook dinner. It is one of the perks that I got from my husband while pregnant. While not all husbands will cook dinner, most will do extra things for their wives like rub their feet, or clean the bathrooms.

5. You don't have to have a menstrual cycle! OK you do have to carry a big old baby around, but really who can say 9 months with no period is a bad thing?

6. You always have an excuse to excuse yourself to take a nap. Kids are fighting, turn to your husband and say, "honey, I'm pretty tired right now I think I'll take a nap." What's he gonna say, NO? Not while your pregnant, he wouldn't dare, right?

7. The excuse to go shopping. You all know I love to shop and even though I wasn't shopping for myself (OK, I was. . .maternity clothes) I had to have everything stocked and ready and that meant shopping.

8. The excuse to get a pedicure. Again, what husband will deny his wife carrying his child a little old pedicure. I say use it, use it all you can!!

9. The so called pregnancy glow is great when it happens. It just doesn't happen your whole pregnancy all the time, but from my experience even with my girls that I had bad acne with I usually went through a period of time where people would exclaim, "Wow, you look great, you're positively glowing!" This is great because you usually don't feel like you look great when your bloated and tired so it's a pick me up and makes you feel good when the glow starts glowing!!

10. The baby shower!! OK, maybe I am shallow, but I just love it when there is a party and I am the center of attention. It just feels good to have people around you all excited and supportive of you and everyone is smiling and laughing and sharing stories. Your baby shower is just fun and I say have one even if it's your second and third child, you still need stuff if not more so!!

2 comments:

  1. It was a long time ago but I loved being pregnant. My hair grew an inch and a half a month, my nails were hard and felt great..pretty much thru all of it, until the very end...felt wonderful and womanly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with #10 and for my first child, I had three showers! ....yay!
    yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net

    ReplyDelete