Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What, No Deli Sandwiches??

About my 3rd pregnancy I started hearing that you are not supposed to eat deli meat when you are pregnant! "Great," I thought! I had been eating deli sandwiches through my first two and now half of my third pregnancy!
So what's the dirt on the deli meat thing?
Well, it is really not that huge of a deal and it isn't even the meat itself. The problem is, it is just easier for deli meat to get contaminated with something called "listeria" which is a type of bacteria that can cause miscarriage.
Now don't freak out if you have been eating deli sandwiches! Like I said, I ate them through 2 and 1/2 of my pregnancies and all was good. To be safe though, pop that turkey sandwich under the broiler and make it a hot sandwich.
For more information on what foods to avoid while you are pregnant check out the following site:

No comments:

Post a Comment