Thursday, January 15, 2009

Full belly fights morning sickness?

Yes, there are so many different "cures" to morning sickness, but among me and my pals, the same one keeps coming up over and over.  Just stay full!  That's right, maybe there is a good excuse to eat a lot when you are pregnant.  It helps fight morning sickness!

I noticed that when I was pregnant always having a full belly would keep that sick feeling away; that is when I was actually able to eat something and keep it down.  Now that my times of being pregnant have come and gone (PHEW) I am hearing the same thing over and over from my friends and family.

I know what you are thinking, "This is going to pack on the pounds!"  And yes, you must be careful or it can, but not if you eat the right foods, and stop when your belly hits full.  I have never heard anyone say that they stay well by eating ice-cream and candy bars everyday!  

So here are a few tips that I have heard through out the years that have really seemed to help.
-Eat smaller meals often.  Break up your 3 meals into 6 or 8, whatever it takes.
-Always have something to snack on such as carrots, dry cereal, or crackers.
-Eat at the first sign of sickness.  Many women eat before they even move in the morning.
-Go to bed with a full belly.
-Sip on Coke or Sprite.  The bubbles seems to calm the belly.
-Re-trace your steps.  If you had a great day, remember what and when you ate, and try it again tomorrow.

Hey, it is worth a shot right?  When you are feeling that sick, anything that helps can make a huge difference.  

We would love to hear from you!  Please leave us a comment with your best trick for fighting off morning sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment